Has it been years since your trees have been trimmed? When tackling a tree pruning project, safety is crucial. Serving North Royalton and surrounding areas, Rice’s Tree Service and Landscaping is knowledgeable about the safety precautions of tree service.
Tree Trimming Safety
Tree trimming is not yardwork that can be treated casually. First, it’s a commitment to maintaining healthy branches and limbs. For safety reasons, it’s also important to stay alert and focused on the task at hand. OSHA lists crucial backyard safety tips to consider when trimming a tree:
- If the weather is dangerous in North Royalton, that makes tree trimming equally as dangerous. Avoid trimming a tree during thunderstorms and hailstorms.
- Before starting any work, survey the area for potential hazards, such as hanging branches or attached vines.
- Eliminate the hazards anywhere on the tree and the surrounding area.
- Use caution when moving ladders and equipment.
- Become trained in how to properly use a chainsaw and other equipment.
- Protect yourself with gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- If you climb a tree, make sure you inspect the limbs for strength and stability, and always climb without any tools in your hands.
- Never turn your back on any falling limbs, branches, or trees.
- Plan a retreat path to a safe location in case of emergencies.
- If other people are present, make sure you know where everyone is located at all times.
Remember: the most important rule of tree trimming is to always be alert.
Trust the Professionals
Feeling uneasy about trimming your trees? At Rice’s Tree Service & Landscaping, we have a professional maintenance team who has the experience needed to safely trim and remove trees. Instead of putting yourself at risk, get peace of mind — and immaculate trees — with Rice’s tree trimming service. Contact us at (440) 582-7669 for a free estimate.
For more lawn care tips and special offers from Rice’s, subscribe to our blog feed today.